|Back to Back Issues Page|
Sight Unseen, Issue #011 -- AIDS - Why Does It Continue To Spread?
January 29, 2004
|Welcome to Issue #11
--------AIDS - Why Is It Still Spreading?---------
In the January 2004 issue of Midnight Call, Dr. John Cionci answered that question. He said that more than 8,000 new people a day become infected!
Since we know that you can only get aids through saliva, vaginal fluids, or needles, then why do 8,000 people a day contract AIDS? The answer is very simple: immorality. Isn't it ironic that the press has a field day with a very rare disease called Mad Cow but virtually ignores a disease that is killing millions? There is no question in my mind that Satan greatly influences the media.
There are thousands of Christians who do very good things in very different capacities and they are totally ignored by the media. Yet, let one church or one pastor do something wrong, and the media will literally crucify them. That is Satan at work.
Dr. John Cionci stated that of the more than 40 million people throughout the world who have the AIDS virus, over 95 percent ARE NOT gay..they are heterosexual. He also stated that 80% of AIDS cases are due to sex outside of marriage and 20% are caused by injecting illegal drugs.
What did God tell us in His 10 Commandments? Thou Shall Not Commit Adultery. Fornication or premarital sex is included here. Matthew 15:19 states For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.
Matthew says that adulteries and fornications should be included with the crimes of murder and theft and lying. Revelation 9:21, which is referring to non-believers, And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts. Sorceries here can mean either drug use or idol worship, most likely both.
Aids is spreading worldwide because those people who have failed to accept God's love are living only for their own pleasure and do not think they will get a disease much like smokers don't think they will get a disease from smoking until it's too late.
From John's article: "Thus knowing how to avoid contracting AIDS, we should easily be able to control and stop the spread of AIDS. The public health departments are mandated to contact and inform the sexual partner of a person diagnosed with a sexually transmitted disease."
AIDS is not included as one of the STD's. Why? Because anyone diagnosed with carrying a HIV virus has his/her privacy protected and the public health department keeps it confidential. Now to someone who limits their sexual activity to only their spouse, this is not a problem. But to those many, many people who have multiple sex partners, this is a very real danger. They are ignoring God's wishes and living only for their own pleasure and paying a great cost in doing so.
What does our society do in helping to prevent AIDS? Nothing. Sexual promiscuity is displayed in almost every movie that Hollywood churns out. Television encourages this type of behavior with their various mating shows. Pornography is a multi-billion dollar business. Prostitution is rampant. The message is: Hey, sex is good and fun. You should try it sometime but heaven forbid you wait to get married to do so. That is just so...o..oo boring.
Sex outside of marriage is a loaded gun with one bullet. Are you willing to play Russian Roulette?
1. Who is traditionally believed to have written the first five books of the bible? A. Joshua B. Moses C. Ezra D. Aaron
2. The Old Testament, among other things, is a history of the Hebrews. But 2 books have non Hebrews as their main character. What are they?
3. Over 50 authors, some well known and some anonymous, contributed to the 66 books of the Bible, but one author is responsible for more books than any other single person. Who?
4. The Bible begins at the dawn of Creation and ends with the prophecy of the End Times. Which book of the Bible spans more time than all other 65 books put together?
5. The very last word of the Bible is?
6. God cursed Adam for eating of the tree of knowledge, saying he was: A. ingratitude incarnate B. the bane of his existence C. dust, and unto dust he would return D. biting the hand that fed him
7. When Cain was confronted by God, who inquired somewhat suspiciously as to the whereabouts of his brother Abel, he replied: A. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. B. Blood is thicker than water. C. Am I my brother's keeper? D. The devil take the hindmost!
8. After Joseph was reunited with his brothers, he asked permission of Pharaoh to bring his family to Egypt. Pharaoh readily agreed, saying they could live off: A. the sweat of their brows B. the fat of the land C. the fruit of the vine D. the sheaves of the field
9. Moses grew up as Prince of Egypt, but after killing an Egyptian in defense of a fellow Hebrew, he fled to Midian where he married and declared himself: A. rooted to the spot B. a stranger in a strange land C. shorn like a lamb D. free at last
10. When Moses and Aaron approached Pharaoh, they quoted the Lord God, saying: A. There is a tide in the affairs of men. B. Time is of the essence. C. Let my people go. D. Let slip the dogs of war.
--------Answers To Previous Bible Quiz-------------
1. After the books of the 4 major prophets come the writings of the so-called minor prophets. How many minor prophets are there? D. 12
2. The Book of Lamentations is included among the Prophetic Books of the Bible, even though it is not a prophecy, because it is thought to have been written by: B. Jeremiah
3. What is the only book in the Bible that does not mention God? Esther
4. The longest reign of any king in the Bible is by C. Manasseh became king at age 12 and reigned for 55 years. (2 Kings 21:1)
5. The shortest reign of any king in the Bible is by D. Zimri's reign lasted 7 days. He committed suicide. (1 Kings 16:15 - 20)
6. Which 2 books in the Bible begin with "In the beginning....?" Genesis and John
7. What book of the Bible is a collection of five smaller books? Psalms
8. What is the most often used noun in the Bible? A. Lord is used 7,836 times.
9. What is currently considered by scholars to be the oldest complete book of the Bible? A. Judges
10. What is currently considered to be the latest book written? D. Second Epistle of Peter Many scholars believe someone else besides Peter wrote this epistle and dates to this epistle have assigned as late as 125 A.D.
Copyright 2003 by Gary Goodworth
|Back to Back Issues Page|